L.G. Chabot Inc. celebrates its 125th anniversary

70418_chabot guys.jpg

Richard-Antoine Cornforth (printed communication consultant) and Benoit and Jean Chabot (president and vice-president respectively) stand below the old sign that once hung above the door of L.G. Chabot Inc. at 34 Côte de la Montagne. The original large wooden sign that was also above the door of the original bookbinding shop (see photo ​at top right) now graces a wall in the main office of the business located in an industrial park in the Vanier district of Quebec City.

The L.G. Chabot printing company recently celebrated its 125th anniversary. In 1893, Louis-Germain Chabot opened his bookbinding business on Côte de la Montagne, coincidentally  just a few doors above the offices of the Quebec Gazette, the forerunner of the Quebec Chronicle-Telegraph.