MEMORIALS AND THINGS OF FAME

2619_memorials protestant home.jpg
Photo: Wikimedia Commons - Public Domain

Founded in 1859, the Ladies’ Protestant Home was a temporary relief shelter for poor and destitute Protestant women living in Quebec City. Located at the corner of Grande Allée Est and Rue Briand, the residence closed in 1990, and was later converted into condominiums, but its services were integrated with Saint Brigid’s Home. (Source -100objects.qahn.org)

February 3, 1819 – The Quebec Gazette

Provincial Parliament
House of Assembly
A committee was appointed to prepare an address. [Be it] Resolved “That it was proper that the two Houses should present an Address of condolence … on the melancholy event of the death of the Queen; and the Resolve was communicated to the Legislative Council....”