Hidden English history can be seen in Rivière-du-Loup

AROUND THE ANGLOSPHERE

101420_anglo church1.jpg
Photo: Ruby Pratka

St. Bartholomew’s Church in Rivière-du-Loup was built in 1841 for the English-speaking Protestant community.

On the Rue du Domaine in Rivière-du-Loup, perched on a steep hillside, sits a timeworn blue-grey church, inside a peeling wrought-iron fence, surrounded by gravestones bearing English names. Closer to the bottom of the hill sits a stately brick home with a wraparound veranda.